Thursday, August 28, 2014

            KVM - The Linux Kernel Virtual Machine

                                                          

Introduction

It is always pleasure to find the stuff in google search when you are looking for something. Yes, offcourse, Google searching is a skill that you develop over years of experience. we are assigned some task on visualization by manager and could not find good info on web to have a good understanding on KVM. or we can blame Google search engine for not helping me. I could not find good books on KVM. So as a last resort, we started looking at the code. 

Suddenly it popped up in my mind to create a blog on KVM. Haha...it will be done by somebody if not me. I admit that i am a beginner. I request all the experts and readers to correct my mistakes and send me suggestions to improve this blog. You can reach us at ratheesh.ksz@gmail.com or My colleague John Thomas jothoma4@cisco.com 

I have divided the KVM documentation into 8 parts. I have only chapter headings as of today. No contents. Hope that i can complete all of them with all your support and suggestions. I may publish chapters in any order. Please bear with me as i am employed by a software company and have to do a lot of work there to earn my salary.


 Chapter 1: This is about QEMU
 Chapter 2: vCPU  creation
 Chapter 3: kvm_callbacks
 Chapter 4: vmx.c
 Chapter 5: MMU.
 Chapter 6: emulation of a device.
 Chapter 7: Tuning ?
 Chapter 8: Hacks.

 Chapter 9: KVM migration

I will concentrate more on KVM than QEMU.  Please write to me if you need info there as well. I will try (*conditions apply ) to include them
                        

1 comment:

  1. This is pretty useful. Are you planning to update this?

    ReplyDelete